Frequently Asked Questions
WHAT DOES IT MEAN TO BE ZERO WASTE AND WHY SHOULD I CARE?
Zero waste living encompasses a wide range of practices. Some of these include sending nothing to the landfill, recycling whenever possible, and most importantly, reducing consumption as a whole.
The amount of waste we create each year is increasing at an alarming rate. Making small changes like reusing containers or keeping a reusable water bottle with you might seem small and ineffective, but keep in mind there is strength in numbers. You can help by sharing this lifestyle with those around you, and eventually, more people WILL adopt this way of living, and together we can create positive changes for our one and only earth.
HOW DO I REFILL?
- Bring in any container from home. If you forget to do this, we have a variety of containers available for purchase
- Weigh your container before filling and mark the weight on a tag or directly on the bottle. If you pickup a container of ours, we already have the weights so you can skip this step
- Refill your product of choice and checkout when you are ready
WHAT KIND OF PRODUCTS DO YOU CARRY?
Please head to the Online Shop or Refills tabs to view a list of products that we carry.
CAN I BRING IN MY OWN CONTAINER/BOTTLE FOR REFILL?
Yes. We will accept any container that you wish to fill your product into, but keep in mind that some work better than others:
- We suggest containers with wide openings for powder detergents
- Creams such as toothpaste or lotions require jars/containers with wide mouths and secure lids
- Liquids such as dish soaps and shampoos work well in most any container
- We also highly recommended cleaning the containers thoroughly and letting them dry before bringing them in to refill
NOTE: We have various funnel sizes available to help dispense the products into your containers at the store.
CAN I REFILL A CONTAINER/BOTTLE THAT IS NOT COMPLETELY EMPTY?
Of course! If you had already filled your container with a product from our store you can do a partial fill. This way, you can refill all of your items in one trip (whether or not they are empty) instead of waiting for each one to run out.
ARE YOUR PRODUCTS TESTED ON ANIMALS?
Never. We love and care about the well-being of all animals. Many of our products are Leaping Bunny Certified.
ARE YOUR PRODUCTS VEGAN?
Most of our products are vegan, with the exception of products that include beeswax or honey.
I WOULD LIKE MY PRODUCTS TO BE SOLD IN YOUR STORE...
We LOVE our home state of Colorado and seek to support other small local businesses whenever possible. We search high and low for local brands & products that we think our customers would love to see in our store. If you are a fellow green-conscious company and would like us to carry your products, please reach out via the Contact Us page under the About Us tab and we will get back to you as soon as we can.